Are you searching for a flexible job because of a recent lay-off? Or maybe you’re just looking to pick up a side hustle while stuck inside the house.
Either way, there are a few things to consider when searching for a flexible or remote job:
See related: The Ultimate Guide to Writing a Resume
Type of flexibility:
- What type of flexible job do you need? Do you want or need to work from home, or are you willing to venture outside the house?
- Are you seeking a full-time job with benefits? Or maybe a part-time job or side hustle?
- Do you need a specific type of schedule (i.e. normal business hours or nights / weekends)?
- Is a temporary job what you’re after, or are you seeking something more permanent? If you’re not sure, it’s okay!
Your personality, interests, and skills:
- Are you an extrovert? In other words, do you get energized by being around other people? If so, you might focus on jobs in customer service. If you are more introverted, a delivery-related side hustle might be better.
- What are you naturally good at? And more importantly, do you enjoy using these skills? For example, do you like selling products? Helping people? Motivating others? Organizing and planning?
Read below to see the companies hiring for flexible jobs right now:
See related: The Ultimate Guide to Job Search
On March 16th Amazon announced it is hiring 100,000 new part and full-time jobs. Not only that, they are raising their pay by $2 per hour through April! The majority of the positions are warehouse and delivery services. Visit Amazon to apply for jobs.
Nobody wants to go to the grocery store right now for obvious reasons. Especially not with your kids, am I right? That’s why Instacart is planning to double its current workforce from 150,000 to 300,000 workers over the next few months to keep pace with the new demand.
I’ve talked to many moms who work part-time with Instacart and they say they love it because of the flexibility. Not to mention that you can be your own boss and work as much or as little as you want! Apply here.
DoorDash has many open flexible and remote positions and is giving special consideration and priority to restaurant workers who have been laid off or have had their hours cut. Apply to be a dasher here.
Kroger / Ralph’s currently has 10,000 flexible positions open (mostly retail and customer service). You can apply here on the company’s website.
What better way to pass the time stuck at home than by binging on pizza? Apparently, it’s still pretty popular because Papa John’s is also hiring right now (20,000 people to be exact) for help with take out and delivery orders. Search for positions with Papa John’s.
Pizza Hut is so desperate for workers right now that they claim new drivers can be out delivering pizza within five hours of getting hired. The restaurant chain has 30,000 positions open currently, and is hiring for a range of positions, including customer service, cooks, shift leaders, managers, and virtual call center reps. Apply here.
CVS Health has nearly 50,000 flexible jobs to fill, including part-time, full-time, and temporary positions. These positions include customer service, retail, pharmacy, and more. Apply for CVS jobs here.